How can we help you?
- How to start the FixMeStick from Windows
- How to start the FixMeStick for Mac
- How to start the FixMeStick from the BIOS Boot Menu
- FixMeStick Advanced Boot Options
- Can't get past the Licence Agreement?
- Missing the RunFixMeStick application?
- Disabling BitLocker in Windows to boot FixMeStick
- After a few moments, the screen remains black and I can't tell if the FixMeStick is running
- Disabling "Fast Boot" and "Secure Boot" on Windows 10
- Windows 8/8.1 computers with UEFI "Fast Boot" enabled
- Windows 8/8.1 with "Secure Boot" enabled. Security policy blocking FixMeStick?
- Getting message "Probing EDD (EDD=off to disable)"
- What are symptoms of an infected computer?
- Preventing malware with smart online behavior!
- Keep your computer up-to-date
- What/Who is a Hacker?
- What is Malware?
- What is a Trojan?
- How to Factory Upgrade your FixMeStick on PC
- How to Factory Upgrade your FixMeStick for Mac
- How to get to your Boot Menu or your BIOS settings
- How to run a Custom Scan with your FixMeStick
- How to disable and re-enable filesystem journaling on Mac
- How to start the FixMeStick when the computer can't boot USB devices or launch RunFixMeStick.exe
What if my FixMeStick stops working?
The FixMeStick comes with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty and if your FixMeStick stops working at any point within that warranty we can replace your stick for free.
Do I need to keep my FixMeStick plugged in all the time?
No - Unlike an anti-virus program, your FixMeStick is only running during scans. The FixMeStick doesn't download any software onto your computer so it cannot run a scan unless you initiate one; this also means that the FixMeStick can't slow down your computer by loading any new programs onto it. Plug in your FixMeStick to scan the computer and unplug it when you are done!
Does the FixMeStick work with disk encryption?
No - unfortunately the FixMeStick does not work if your harddrive is encrypted via Windows's built-in BitLocker or applications like TrueCrypt. You will have to disable such encryption programs temporarily in order to use FixMeStick.
Can I resubscribe to FixMeStick or upgrade to a PRO stick?
Yes - you can recharge your stick at the end of your subscription or upgrade to an unlimited stick by contacting our customer support team! It costs $54.99 per year to renew your FixMeStick annual subscription, and $249.99 to upgrade your stick to a PRO version. The renewal cost for the PRO is $294.99. When your subscription has expired, you'll be prompted at the beginning of your next scan to renew online.
Will a FixMeStick conflict with the anti-virus software I already have installed?
No - the FixMeStick will be the only program running on your PC. It doesn’t install anything to your PC which means that it’s impossible for it to conflict with programs already on your computer.