Conduit is a browser hijacker, which is promoted via other free downloads. Once installed it will add the Conduit Toolbar, and change your browser homepage and default search engine to search.conduit.com.
If Conduit still appears after running a FixMeStick scan, here are instruction on how to remove it:
1. How to remove Search.Conduit.com from your home page
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options, or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Search.conduit.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page website address.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (the 3 bars in the top-right corner) and navigate to "Settings." Under the "On startup" option, and next to "Open a specific page or set of pages," click “Set pages.” Remove Search.conduit.com and replace it with your preferred website address.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Search.conduit.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred website address.
2. How to remove the Search.Conduit.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines....” Remove the http://search.conduit.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… and click the X next to http://search.conduit.com to remove it as your search engine. If http://search.conduit.com is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove http://search.conduit.com by clicking the X next to it
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the http://search.conduit.com search engine from the list.
3. Remove Conduit Community Toolbar
- In Mozilla Firefox Type Ctrl+Shift+A. On the Extensions and Plugin search for Conduit Community Toolbar and any suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
- In Google Chrome click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions. Search for the Conduit Community Toolbar extension suspicious extensions and remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer click Tools and select Manage add-ons. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Conduit Community Toolbar and any suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.