Sometimes malware will prevent you from accessing your desktop and programs. This may even prevent you from opening and running FixMeStick.exe on your computer. If this is the case, you can use Safe Mode on your computer to enter into a stripped-down version of Windows. Once in Safe Mode, you should be able to open and run FixMeStick.exe normally.
1. Start from your computer's start menu or login screen. Click on the power icon and then hold down the shift button on your keyboard and click "Restart"
2. A screen will appear that says "Choose an Option". Click Troubleshoot > Advanced Startup > Startup Settings.
3. Click on Restart to change settings.
4. Press the number 5 to start Safe Mode with Networking.
1. Power down your computer. When your computer is completely shut off, locate the F8 button on your keyboard.
2. Turn on your computer and immediately begin tapping the F8 button. A menu should appear that looks like this.
3. Select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys and hit enter.