In this article, we explain what steps should be taken in the event that you plug your stick into your computer and open our application, but the application is giving you a message saying please insert your FixMeStick.
Plugging Your FixMeStick into a Different USB Port
1. Please try to plug in the FixMeStick into another USB port. On a desktop computer, there are additional USB ports on the back of the tower of the computer. On a laptop, look for more USB ports on either side or the back of the laptop.
If this message is persisting, you will need to have an agent initiate a Remote Connection with your computer.
Setting Up a Remote Connection
1. In order to allow us to be able to initiate a Remote Connection, download and install this program: http://www.FixMeStick.com/connect.exe
2. Run the program. When it pops up, you'll see an ID and a Password. Keep note of the ID and password to be able to give it to the agent.
3. Do not close the window, or your computer.
4. Please e-mail us at email@example.com or send us a chat on our website www.FixMeStick.com to connect with one of our agents. When you are connected with one of our agents, simply explain that our application keeps telling you to plug in your FixMeStick, and that it is already in. Mention that you have set up a Remote Connection, and the agent will ask you for your ID and password.