In this article, we will explain what steps to take in the event that you are unable to access your normal macOS after running a FixMeStick scan.
The most common symptom in these cases is when the computer shows the typical grey Apple screen after being turned on, but the loading bar never fully progresses to the end and the computer shuts down automatically before booting to its operating system.
This issue is most commonly resolved by undoing the quarantine of your latest FixMeStick scan. If your FixMeStick did not quarantine any items during the scan, proceed to Accessing macOS X Utilities.
1. Launch a FixMeStick scan using the instructions here.
2. Once you can see the screen that shows the six steps, click on Undo Quarantine in the upper black toolbar.
3. Select the most recent quarantine and click Undo.
4. Exit the FixMeStick scan and restart your computer.
5. Once you are back in your operating system, try connecting to your network again to verify that undoing the quarantine solved the problem.
Your Mac also has built-in recovery options that you can access even without being able to boot into your operating system.
Follow these steps to view your macOS Utilities:
1. When the computer is fully shut down, press the power button and then immediately start holding the Command + R keys at the same time.
2. Continue to hold the two keys until you see the Apple logo or a spinning globe. At that point, let go and wait for the macOS utilities window to appear.
For more information on using the macOS utilities, see the Apple website here. If your computer is unable to boot macOS, we recommend contacting FixMeStick Support immediately so that one of our representatives can assist you in identifying and completing relevant troubleshooting solutions.