This article explains how to install and use System Mechanic after purchasing from FixMeStick.
Computers require cleaning and servicing, just like your car does, and they may begin to run poorly and even break down if not maintained. You maintain your car because of the large investment you have in it, and you should maintain your computer just as carefully.
Maintaining your PC is difficult, if not downright impossible, without the right tools. Unfortunately, not all maintenance tools are included with the operating system. System Mechanic solves this problem with its complete collection of tools that keep your system running smoothly, quickly, and error free.
What Does It Do?
Removes junk files and folders and duplicate files. Too much clutter on your hard drive not only consumes space – it means your PC has to work harder to find the files you do need. Downloads, duplicates and temporary files can be deleted altogether by System Mechanic.
Cleans your system registry. The Windows registry is a database used to store important settings and information for Windows operating systems. The registry contains information and settings for all the hardware, software, users, and preferences of your computer and your operating system.
Whenever you makes any changes to the Control Panel settings, file associations, System Policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in the registry. After years of software installs (and uninstalls), hardware changes, and program upgrades, the registry can be littered with invalid and unused entries. System Mechanic cleans the registry, getting rid of those unused registry entries, helping your PC perform more efficiently.
Defrags your hard drive. 'Defragging' is short for 'de-fragmenting' and it’s a process run on most hard drives to help make accessing the files on that disk faster. De-fragging is something you need to do periodically as files on the disk become more and more fragmented over time.
Note: System Mechanic does not defrag Solid State Drives (SSDs), as it does not provide the same benefits as defragmenting a mechanical HDD (hard disk drive) and can cause unnecessary wear. The defragging step will only be taken if an HDD is detected.
System Mechanic provides many more PC maintenance services, such as:
- Fixing or removing broken shortcuts
- Optimizing your internet performance
- Managing your computer's memory
- Protecting against security vulnerabilities
The software is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and you can use it on an unlimited amount of PC computers in your home.
If you've already downloaded the System Mechanic installation software, please go to step 4.
- Once you've purchased your System Mechanic, you will receive 2 emails. Either one of these emails will have both your System Mechanic activation key and a link to start the activation process:
- A receipt to confirm your purchase - to find your receipt please search your email for the subject line Your order with FixMeStick. In the invoice, please click the link that says: visit https://app.fixmestick.com/activate/yourcode to activate.
- Instructions with how to activate System Mechanic - to find the activation instructions please search your email for the subject line Action Required: Download and activate your purchase of iolo System Mechanic. In the email, please click click here to start your instant download and activate your purchase.
- Now you will be on a page that looks like the one below. First, copy the 20-digit activation code. Then click Click Here to start your download under number 2.
3. A file will download. When the download is complete click on the downloaded file to start the installation process. If you're having trouble installing or using System Mechanic, you may have to disable your Windows Defender or antivirus software before you can properly install it. Click here for instructions on how to disable Windows Defender.
4. System Mechanic will start to download on your computer:
5. Follow the steps on your screen to start the installation:
6. System Mechanic will then show you a scan screen when the installation is complete. Click Analyze to get started. Please note you will be prompted to activate your subscription after the initial analysis.
7. When the scan completes, click Activate Trial to Repair. You’ll be prompted to enter your email address and click Begin activation:
8. Next, select I have an activation key and enter your 20-digit activation code from step 2.
9. Click Finish activation to finish. You can now click Repair All to repair the issues that that System Mechanic scan found.
10. When it is done, you will see a Summary of actions performed:
The next time you want to run a System Mechanic scan, simply open the System Mechanic application by searching for System Mechanic in your taskbar and left clicking on the program. The System Mechanic program will open and you can start a System Mechanic scan by clicking Analyze.
If you need additional help with System Mechanic please contact iolo at support.iolo.com.
- If you're having trouble installing or using System Mechanic, you may visit their website for more help.
- If you're having trouble installing or using System Mechanic, you may have to disable your Windows Defender or Antivirus software before you can properly install it. Click here for instructions on how to disable Windows Defender.