If you have run a FixMeStick scan and are having difficulties restarting your computer once the scan has completed, don’t worry - there are some troubleshooting steps that you can try!
This issue is most typically fixed by doing a CMOS reset. This can refresh the internal settings of your computer, but will not jeopardize your programs or files.
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Unplug the computer tower from the power outlet.
3. Press and hold the Power button on the tower for 30-45 seconds, even though the computer is disconnected from its electrical source.
1. Turn off the laptop.
2. If the laptop has a removable battery, you can remove both the battery and the power charger from the computer.
3. Press and hold the Power button for 30-45 seconds, even though the laptop is disconnected from its electrical source.
4. Then plug the power charger into the computer without re-inserting the battery.
5. Press the Power button to turn the computer back on, and you should restart back into Windows.
In the rare case that this does not resolve your computer issue, you can follow the instructions to System Restore. If you have any questions or concerns during this process, please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com and we will be happy to help.