In this article, we will explain what to do in the event that your Internet stops working properly after running a FixMeStick scan. In some cases, the computer will show that it is connected to your network, but is unable to access any pages on an Internet browser like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. In other cases, the computer shows that it is unable to establish any connection to your network at all. This article covers both cases.
1. While your computer is on, insert your FixMeStick and open the application.
- For instructions, click here (link to getting started for Windows).
2. At the What Happens Next window, click on Settings.
3. Click the CTRL key on your keyboard three times. This should make two more buttons appear: Initiate Remote Support and Fix Networking.
4. Click on Fix Networking.
5. A spinning circle will appear, and then after about a minute or so it will show the message Attempted to Fix Networking.
6. Once you see that, restart the computer. When Windows loads, your Internet browsers should now be able to access web pages.
1. Launch a FixMeStick scan using the instructions here (link to getting started for Windows)
2. Once you can see the screen that shows the six steps, click on Undo Quarantine in the upper black toolbar.
3. Select the most recent quarantine and click Undo.
4. Once the quarantine has been undone, exit the FixMeStick scan and restart your computer.
Follow the same steps above to undo the quarantine. If you are still experiencing the same issues after doing so, please contact our customer support via phone or email.