In this article, we will explain what to do in the event that your Internet stops working properly after running a FixMeStick scan. In some cases, the computer will show that it is connected to your network, but is unable to access any pages on an Internet browser like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. In other cases, the computer shows that it is unable to establish any connection to your network at all. This article covers both cases.
1. While your computer is on, insert your FixMeStick and open the application.
- For instructions, click here.
2. At the What Happens Next window, click on Settings.
3. Click the CTRL key on your keyboard three times. This should make two more buttons appear: Initiate Remote Support and Fix Networking.
4. Click on Fix Networking.
5. A spinning circle will appear, and then after about a minute or so it will show the message Attempted to Fix Networking.
6. Once you see that, restart the computer. When Windows loads, your Internet browsers should now be able to access web pages.
1. Launch a FixMeStick scan using the instructions here.
2. Once you can see the screen that shows the six steps, click on Undo Quarantine in the upper black toolbar.
3. Select the most recent quarantine and click Undo.
4. Once the quarantine has been undone, exit the FixMeStick scan and restart your computer.
Follow the same steps above to undo the quarantine. If you are still experiencing the same issues after doing so, please contact our customer support via email.
A fast, efficient and safe solution is System Mechanic, a PC optimization tool. System Mechanic performs regular maintenance on your PC such as removing clutter, freeing up RAM, and repairing your computer’s registry to help programs run more smoothly. The software is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and you can use it on an unlimited amount of PC computers in your home.
FixMeStick is partnered with System Mechanic to get customers an exclusive discount, so you can be sure your computer is optimized to peak performance. Save on System Mechanic today!
To learn how to download and install System Mechanic, click here.