In this article, we explain the steps you need to take when you plug in the FixMeStick and after clicking on Reboot and Start and launch your FixMeStick scan, you see a message on your screen that says: Please contact support.
- A scan has started on your computer and the internet connection has been established (step 1 of the scan). You can see the six circles representing each step in the scan process, however, in the middle of your screen a pop-up window appears. The message advises you to contact the FixMeStick support team. Sometimes it may also say This FixMeStick is not authorized to run on your computer.
- In this case, you will have to contact the support team but first here are the steps you need to take to exit out of the scan safely.
1. You SHOULD NOT REMOVE the FixMeStick USB while the computer is still on. You can follow the steps below:
2. On the pop up window please select exit FixMeStick at the bottom. This will shut down your computer. Allow the computer to turn off.
3. Once the computer is off; remove the FixMeStick from the USB port.
4. On the right side of your FixMeStick you should see the serial number, it starts by FMS followed by two other letters and then numbers. Note the serial number down, it will be asked when you will contact the support team
- Note: If your FixMeStick is plugged into a hub or external adapter, it is possible to see this message when you launch the FixMeStick. In this case, when the computer is off: plug it in a different port or directly in the USB port on your computer. If your computer is a Desktop PC, plug it in the back of the tower and try to run the scan once again.
5. If you are using a FixMeStick for Mac on a Windows PC or a FixMeStick for PC on an Apple computer you will see this message. You will have to contact the FixMeStick support team to have the FixMeStick converted.
6. If you are trying to scan a computer that is not compatible with the FixMeStick you may also see this message when you launch the scan.