By default the FixMeStick will run a full system scan. Quick Scan is a new scanning mode available inside the Scanner. Quick Scan makes a file selection based on what files are typically running in the background when Windows is running on your computer. These files are deemed the most common threat locations, and are filtered for a shorter scan. The Quick Scan normally spans between 8-10 minutes, and usually scans anywhere between 4000-8000 files.
The Quick Scan feature is available from within the FixMeStick scan, in the top navigation bar. To enable it, follow the instructions below.
2. Once you've started a scan and waited until it gets past Step 1: Checking Internet Connection, click on the Quick Scan tab in the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
3. In the Quick Scan tab, you will receive a message that says “Examining your hard drive, please wait a few moments…”
4. Select the red Start Quick Scan button that appears after a few moments.
5. You will then be redirected to the in-scan page, where the scan will start over at Step 3: Updating Malware Definitions. The scan will now proceed as it normally would.
6. Once the scan is complete, the program will show you everything it found, and ask if you would like to clean it. Simply left-click Clean. If no threats were found, you can skip this option.
7. When the FixMeStick has completed its cleaning, you will receive a notice to exit FixMeStick and restart your computer. Once you left-click exit, you can remove our USB device and start your computer again. If you are having issues after a scan, please visit our Knowledge Base page for post-scan issues by clicking here.
If you are experiencing difficulties starting a Quick Scan, please e-mail us at email@example.com.