In this article, we will explain how to perform a Factory Upgrade of your FixMeStick device, which can help with a number of problems you may be experiencing.
Here's a video on how to Factory Upgrade your FixMeStick:
Here are more detailed instructions on how to Factory Upgrade your FixMeStick:
Step 1: If you're currently in a scan, hold down the power button on your computer until it shuts down and remove the FixMeStick device. If your computer is off, turn your computer on.
Step 2: If you have a login password, enter it. Allow the computer to load to your home screen.
Step 3: Insert the FixMeStick device into a USB port on your computer. If you get a message to format your FixMeStick, please click here.
Step 4: Click the Windows icon (or Start) at the bottom left hand corner of your screen to open the Windows start menu.
The next step will depend on which version of Windows you have installed on your computer:
- Windows XP you're looking for "My Computer," located on the right hand side of the start menu.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 you're looking for "Computer," located on the right hand side of the start menu.
- Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10/11 you're looking for "File Explorer." You can also search for File Explorer in the search bar.
Step 5: Click the FixMeStick USB option located on the left-hand side of the window. If you can't find the FixMeStick USB option, click here.
- While you have the FixMeStick USB option selected, you should see a list of Getting Started Guides.
- The FixMeStick application will be the last item in the list underneath the Getting Started Guides.
- The application can appear as either FixMeStick or RunFixMeStick.
Step 6: A pop-up will ask if you want to allow the FixMeStick application to make changes to your computer. Click Yes.
Step 7: At any point after that, another pop-up may appear asking you to accept the end user license agreement. Click Accept.
Step 8: After this, the FixMeStick application will open. Each time you open the FixMeStick application, it will check for an update and apply the update if necessary. Allow the updates to complete. If you get a page asking you to plug in your FixMeStick and it’s already plugged in, please click here.
- After the updates are complete, wait until the What Happens Next window appears.
Step 9: On the What Happens Next window, click the Settings option that’s located at the top right hand side of the window.
Step 10: You will see one option on this page: Factory Upgrade. Click the Factory Upgrade button.
Factory Upgrading your FixMeStick device can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to an hour depending on your internet connection speed. If the update page disappears immediately, it likely did not go through. In that case, click here.
Once the Factory Upgrade is complete, the current window will close and the What Happens Next window will automatically reappear.