In this article, you will find steps that you should take in the event that when you plug in your FixMeStick, a message saying reformat drive appears on the screen in relation to the drive where your stick is plugged in.
- Ignore this reformat message, and open our program as you normally would. Here is a link to some getting started information.
1. If the problem is persisting, plug the stick in and left-click this link to download and run our program: https://app.fixmestick.com/rfms. This program will update your FixMeStick.
2. If your internet browser prompts you to Run the application at the bottom of the screen, left-click Run.
3. If no further action is suggested, go to your Downloads folder in your internet browser and double left-click RunFixMeStick.exe. This will launch our program, and prompt an update of our software, as shown below.
4. You will be brought back to the What Happens Next Page. Left-click Reboot and Start FixMeStick to launch our program.
- Your computer will restart, and you will see our logo appear. The computer may go black for a moment, and the words FixMeStick… will appear in the top left corner. Eventually, our logo will appear again.
- If your computer screen stays black upon reboot, click here.
- If your computer screen stays black with white text on it upon reboot, click here.
- If your computer screen stays black with a blinking white cursor in the corner upon reboot, click here.
- If your computer reboots into Windows, click here.
- If your computers stays frozen on our logo screen upon reboot, click here.
- Our in-scan screen will appear, as shown below. Your computer will search for an internet connection in Step 1, and will connect automatically. If it doesn't connect automatically, click here.
- Step 2 will check for product updates, which is also automatic. At this point, the program may go back to the logo screen, and repeat steps one and two. If you get a message saying that you are not authorized to run a scan, click here.
- Step 3 is checking malware definitions, which is also automatic. You will be prompted in the upper-right hand corner to register your stick, as shown below. We highly recommend you register your stick.
5. You may receive a message saying Please press any key or click your mouse to continue. If you receive this message, either press any button, or click on your mouse to continue the scan. If you do not receive this message, you can move on to the next step.
6. Once the scan if fully engaged in step three, you will be prompted with a message saying Your input is no longer needed. This scan can take from one to several hours. At this point, you can leave your computer and let the scan run its course. Scans typically take between two and six hours to complete, but may be longer depending on the number of files on the computer.
7. Once the scan is complete, our program will show you everything it found, and ask if you would like to clean it, as shown below. Simply left-click Clean. If no threats were found, you can skip this option. If your scan froze in the middle and did not complete, click here.
8. When the FixMeStick has completed its cleaning, you will receive a notice to exit FixMeStick and restart your computer. Once you left-click Exit, you can remove our USB device and start your computer again. If you are having issues after a scan, please visit our Knowledge Base page for post-scan issues by clicking here.